Island Snapshot two-for-one

This entry was posted in Progress Shots. Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

1. JulioC
    Posted October 23, 2012 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

The diversity of enviroments on the island is incredible, considering how nice it looks.

2. Sebastian
    Posted October 23, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

This is really starting to look spectacular! I can’t wait to explore it all.

3. Posted October 23, 2012 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

Do you think the vinette effect will be something you keep for the actual gameplay? It looks very nice in these shots.

4. N
    Posted October 23, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

Wow, what a huge change from the last shot. Those trees growing out of the crags of the cliff are nice.

5. KY
    Posted October 23, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Permalink

I’ve been following this game since the site opened and I always love the progress shots, but this one in particular is the first one to literally make me say “oh wow” out loud. It looks breathtaking. Thanks for all of your hard work, guys. I can’t wait to explore it for myself.

6. Lestibournes
    Posted October 23, 2012 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

That mountain finally looks nice and the structure on top looks interesting, but those red squares look out of place to me.

• Lujami
      Posted October 23, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Permalink

Yeah, and they still haven’t fixed those artifacts in the water TSK-TSK (/sarcasm)

7. Lujami
    Posted October 23, 2012 at 11:40 pm | Permalink

Wow, that’s quite a jump from the last set! Looks beautiful!

Posted October 24, 2012 at 1:22 am | Permalink

Looking awesome! I agree with Julio, the diversity is amazing.

9. Jeff Plum
    Posted October 24, 2012 at 3:36 am | Permalink

We start at the start and some time later
    What stories will unravel and unfold?
    The sum of parts will no doubt be greater
    What mystery does this island hold?

Do not fret, these Earthly delights
    Will some time yield a pleasure -
    Puzzling beauty, the awesome sights
    Explored at one’s own leisure.

Keep up the great work!

10. Chris Bennett
    Posted October 24, 2012 at 7:46 am | Permalink

I can’t wait to approximate an understanding of this space!

• Lujami
      Posted October 29, 2012 at 11:01 am | Permalink

I like your comment. Just, uh, putting that out there, I guess.

11. @juninho_farias
    Posted October 24, 2012 at 8:25 am | Permalink

Looking forward to play this game, sure it will be awesome. What about say a little bit more about the plot and stuff?

12. Dick Socrates
    Posted October 24, 2012 at 8:59 am | Permalink

Now they just need to add a gyrocopter, jetpack, and hang glider and we’ll have ourselves a true sequel to Pilotwings 64. :-p

Joking aside, I’m really looking forward to the game. Went on an indie developer interview binge in the past 2 weeks.

13. Luke
    Posted October 24, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

Really like the island dissapearing in the depths – seeing things underwater like that has always been a powerful/mysterious image.

14. M.M
    Posted October 24, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

damn, Your server keeps teeling me i have arleady send a message.

15. M.M
    Posted October 24, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

Good i have copied my initial comment. Mayby this introduction will convince server i have not posted it yet.

Amazing!

This snapshot is really a huge step forwards from previous ones. Here we can really see that the production is nearing finish.

Is water in its final stage? I might be wrong but there seems to be an artifact in te left side of upper screenshot

16. Posted October 25, 2012 at 11:04 am | Permalink

I like the “basalt” columnar rock along some of the cliffs, and the trees look really nice.

17. Posted October 25, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

So… will there be invisible walls, or can players die doing something stupid? I hope for the later, or something more subtle like a current that pushes people back toward land (think the wind in Journey)

18. Posted October 26, 2012 at 8:19 pm | Permalink

Is it just me, or does the first shot look like a map of Australia?

19. Posted October 29, 2012 at 4:32 am | Permalink

This game really is something special.

20. Jason
    Posted October 29, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

This game is going to win a ton of awards.

Really looking forward to it!

21. Stefan
    Posted October 29, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

Will it be like The Westing Game where you have to figure it out yourself rather than being told who the culprit is like usual?

• Posted November 1, 2012 at 5:58 am | Permalink

Jonathan Blow = opposite of hand-holding. So, the answer is the first one :)

22. Posted November 1, 2012 at 11:18 pm | Permalink

Great insightful blog, from talented people. I have passed the link on to my Games Design students, keep it up.